Capital New Year - First Night 150
December 31, 2016
City of Charlottetown
||Horse & Wagon Rides
||Great George Street between Fitzroy and Euston. Pick up on Fitzroy.
||Indoor Children's Activities
Face Painting and Balloon Twisting, Children's Craft, Buskers, and a performance by The Music Man, Michael Pendergast
|The Holman Grand Hotel - 2nd Floor. Direct access from Grafton Street. Accessible access through hotel.
||Peoples' Night Parade
||Great George Street between Fitzroy and Grafton.
||Carribean Fusion Band, I and the Village
||Great George Street between Grafton and Kent.
||Island Traditional Acadian Band, Gadelle
||Busker: 2 Person Acro
||Closing | Countdown
**Note: The Capital New Year - First Night 150 Mainstage is located at the intersection of Great George Street (North Side) and Grafton Street
Road Closures and Traffic Advisory for Capital New Year -
First Night 150
The City of Charlottetown's Capital New Year - First Night 150 is set to take place on Saturday, December 31 between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and Midnight. In order to accommodate event logistics, parking restrictions and street closures will be in effect beginning at 6 a.m. on Saturday, December 31.
The following streets will be closed to traffic and have restricted parking from 6 a.m. on Saturday, December 31 to 6 a.m. on Sunday, January 1:
- Grafton Street, between Queen Street and Prince Street
- Great George Street, between Kent Street and Grafton Street (patrons wishing to shop who identify themselves to posted security personnel will be granted short term parking access until 2 p.m.)
- Church Street, between Grafton Street and Richmond Street
Guest access to The Holman Grand Hotel for check-in/check-out as well as accessible access will be available at the Grafton and Queen Street intersection through posted security personnel on Saturday, December 31 between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. and Sunday, January 1 between 12:30 a.m. and 6 a.m. Please note that vehicle access will not be permitted during the event.
The following streets will be closed to traffic and have restricted parking from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday, December 31:
- Great George Street, between Fitzroy Street and Euston Street (Restricted Parking 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.; closed to traffic 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.)
- Great George Street, between Kent Street and Fitzroy Street (Restricted Parking and closed to traffic between 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.)
- Kent Street, between Queen Street and Prince Street (Restricted Parking and closed to traffic between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.)
- Fitzroy Street, between parkade entrance and Queen Street (Restricted Parking and closed to traffic between 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.)
The Fitzroy Street Parkade will be accessible from the entrance on Prince Street only during the street closure; exit wrong way on Fitzroy Street by direction of posted security personnel.
Accessible parking is available through regularly identified parking spaces in the downtown core.
T3 Transit service will operate with regularly scheduled service on Saturday, December 31. The bus stop normally located by the Confederation Centre of the Arts on Grafton Street will be moved to the front of Confederation Centre Box Office on Queen Street for the entire day on Saturday, December 31. For schedule details visit: www.triustransit.ca.
The public is encouraged to use the parking lot on Terry Fox Drive as well as the City Parkades - Queen, Pownal and Fitzroy- which will be open to the public with no charge on New Year's Eve.
This project has been made possible in part by the Government of Canada.
Capital New Year Hotel of Choice