The public is reminded that the Gold Cup Parade will take place Friday, August 18 at 10 a.m. The parade begins on North River Road and travels along Brighton Road to Euston Street, University Avenue, Grafton Street, and Queen Street, ending on Water Street.
The City of Charlottetown Parks and Recreation Department will continue with the tradition of placing three sets of bleachers for approximately 150 spectators along Brighton Road near the former Prince Edward Home. All other spectators are encouraged to line the parade route. Chairs and blankets are permitted.
The following road closures will be in place beginning at 7 a.m. until the completion of the parade at approximately 12 p.m. (noon):
• North River Road will be closed from Seaview Boulevard to McGill Avenue beginning at 7 a.m. until the completion of the parade at approximately 12 p.m. (noon). Only registered parade entries will be permitted via North River Road at Belvedere Avenue.
The following roads will be closed at 8 a.m. until the end of the parade at approximately 12 p.m. (noon):
• North River Road, from McGill Avenue to Brighton Road.
• Brighton Road will be closed to Euston Street.
• Euston Street will be closed to University Avenue.
• University Avenue will be closed to Grafton Street.
• Grafton Street will be closed to Queen Street.
• Queen Street will be closed to Water Street.
• Water Street will be closed to Weymouth Street.
Please note: Water Street access from Grafton Street will be closed to traffic at approximately 10:30 a.m. with controlled access to the medical centre from Weymouth Street, but motorists must advise traffic control personnel of their intent.
There will be limited access in and out of the city during the parade. Residents, business and visitors are reminded to make alternate arrangements as accessing or leaving certain areas of the city by vehicle will be limited or inaccessible on the west side and south side of the parade route. Parking on the east side of the parade route is recommended.
Parking will be prohibited along the entire parade route from the early morning hours on Friday, August 18 until the conclusion of the parade. Residents and visitors are asked to make alternate arrangements for their vehicles prior to the August 18. Vehicles will be towed at the owner’s expense without notice.
At the conclusion of the parade, the Charlottetown Event Grounds will be used for passenger drop off and pick up. Floats will enter the event grounds through the entrance on Water Street.
For more information on Old Home Week or the Gold Cup and Saucer Parade, visit: www.oldhomeweekpei.com
Gold Cup Parade Committee
Deputy Chief of Police-Operations
Charlottetown Police Services
City of Charlottetown