Charlottetown Mayor Clifford Lee has created seven new standing committees and appointed chairpersons to all 11 committees at City Hall.
The committees and chairperson are as follows:
• Advanced Planning, Priorities and Special Projects – Chaired by Councillor Kevin Ramsay;
• Economic Development, Tourism, Arts and Culture – Chaired by Deputy Mayor Mike Duffy;
• Environment and Sustainability – Chaired by Councillor Bob Doiron;
• Finance, Audit and Tendering – Chaired by Councillor Melissa Hilton;
• Human Resources, Communications and Administration – Chaired by Councillor Terry MacLeod;
• Intergovernmental Affairs and Event Attraction – Chaired by Mayor Clifford Lee;
• Parks, Recreation and Leisure Activities – Chaired by Councillor Mitchell Tweel;
• Planning and Heritage – Chaired by Councillor Greg Rivard;
• Protective and Emergency Services – Chaired by Councillor Jason Coady;
• Public Works and Urban Beautification – Chaired by Councillor Terry Bernard;
• Water and Sewer Utility – Chaired by Councillor Edward Rice;
Each committee includes a vice-chair and members of council. The committees oversee departments within the city and report back to council of the whole with recommendations and resolutions for consideration.
"We’re moving ahead with 11 committees to distribute the workload and have every member of council chairing a committee," said Mayor Lee. "With five new members of council for the 2014-2018 term, we’ve shuffled the committees and created some new ones to marry with the strengths and interests of council and to improve the administration of City government."
The new committee structure and terms of reference for each committee are available on the City’s website at www.charlottetown.ca by clicking on the Mayor and Council button.
The 2014-2018 committee structure and terms of reference are also attached at the bottom of the page for your convenience.
City of Charlottetown