- NHL on Sportsnet analyst and PEI-native Doug MacLean to join weekend festivities -
- Local hockey teams have chance to win ultimate hockey experience with Rogers Cheer Like Never Before contest –
TORONTO - Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour presented by Scotiabank and Dodge continues its travel through Atlantic Canada with a stop in the birthplace of Confederation - Charlottetown, January 17 & 18. The ultimate hockey festival will feature appearances by PEI native and NHL on Sportsnet analyst, Doug MacLean, as well as NHL alumni alongside Canadian icon Ron MacLean.
The two-day hockey celebration gets underway Saturday, Jan. 17 at Noon AT from Confederation Landing and concludes Sunday night following the Rogers Hometown Hockey outdoor viewing party. The game features the Arizona Coyotes vs. Winnipeg Jets, with a special pre-game show hosted live onsite by Ron MacLean from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio at 7:30 p.m. AT on City, with three-time Olympic gold medallist Jennifer Botterill as well as other special guests.
The free hockey-themed weekend will feature several interactive games, activities and live entertainment for the whole family, including:
• KidsZone with an inflatable mini-stick rink, face painting and Sportsnet Magazine cover photo shoot
• Outdoor Viewing Party on Sunday (Rogers Hometown Hockey)
• Scotiabank Community Locker Room with commemorative youth hockey jersey giveaways and interactive games
• Dodge Stow ‘n’ Go Challenge and a chance to win a Dodge Grand Caravan
• Sportsnet’s Be a Broadcaster: call a hockey play alongside Sportsnet Central anchor Evanka Osmak
• McDonald’s® Ball Hockey Rink with pick-up games and hockey skills competitions, including free McCafé® brewed coffee
• Interactive experiences inside the Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE Trailer and GamePlus theatre
• Xbox One gaming area featuring hockey and blockbuster titles, plus prizes and giveaways
• Food stations including BeaverTails authentic Canadian treats
• A Warming Lodge with Muskoka chairs and a live feed of the evening’s hockey games
Rogers Hometown Hockey: Event and Broadcast Details
Location: Confederation Landing, Queen’s Square (Charlottetown, PEI)
Saturday, Jan. 17 – Festival open from Noon to 6 p.m. AT
Sunday, Jan. 18 – Festival opens at 1 p.m. AT and runs through end of Rogers Hometown Hockey outdoor viewing party
• Arizona Coyotes vs. Winnipeg Jets, 7:30 p.m. AT (City)
Rogers Cheer Like Never Before Contest
Leading up to the celebrations in Charlottetown, local hockey teams have an opportunity to win the ultimate hockey experience as part of the Cheer Like Never Before contest.
Teams can upload a video of their team cheer, with the Top 5 vote-getters invited to take part in the festivities when the Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour visits Charlottetown on January 17 & 18. The winning team in each town will then be in the running to win the trip of a lifetime, including: a trip to an NHL game, VIP Game Day Experience, and perform their team cheer in an NHL dressing room. For full contest details visit www.hometownhockey.com
The Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour will roll into 25 different communities across Canada this season with a weekend of free outdoor hockey festivities for all ages, culminating in an outdoor viewing party of an NHL game broadcast every Sunday, with Ron MacLean hosting live onsite from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio. Following Charlottetown, the tour will visit Dollard-des-Ormeaux, QC on January 31 & February 1 for the 16th of 25 stops. For tour information visit www.hometownhockey.com
Social Media Links
Official website, Rogers Hometown Hockey www.hometownhockey.com
Twitter @HometownHockey_ #HometownHockey
About Rogers Communications
Rogers Communications is a leading diversified public Canadian communications and media company. We are Canada's largest provider of wireless communications services and one of Canada's leading providers of cable television, high-speed Internet and telephony services to consumers and businesses. Through Rogers Media, we are engaged in radio and television broadcasting, televised shopping, magazines and trade publications, sports entertainment, and digital media. We are publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: RCI.A and RCI.B) and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RCI). For further information about the Rogers group of companies, please visit rogers.com.
Jennifer Neziol, email@example.com, (w) 416.764.6361, (m) 416.275.9182
Sebastian Gatica, firstname.lastname@example.org,(w) 416.764.6368, (m) 416.710.9953
Jennifer Cram, email@example.com, (w) 416.764.6364, (m) 416.804.1683
Meghann Cox, firstname.lastname@example.org, (w) 416.764.6362, (m) 416.258.3296