The Charlottetown Fire Department and Charlottetown Police cleared the scene at Walmart at approximately 10:30 a.m. today (Saturday, March 21) after a vaporizer adjacent to a propane tank caught fire earlier this morning.
The valves to the tank have been shut off and the residual propane in the tank lines has been burned off.
Those who were evacuated from the Walmart and surrounding properties as a precaution can return to the area.
The cooperation of the public and assistance of T3 Transit in the evacuation was much appreciated by emergency personnel.
City of Charlottetown