The public is invited to attend a celebration of East Royalty’s heritage. A historical display will set up at the Malcolm Darrach Centre on Saturday, July 23 from 10 am until 1pm.
East Royalty’s roots run deep. Its history goes back to the earliest days of Prince Edward Island. East Royalty’s past includes images of bucolic farms and quiet days of fishing along the banks of Wright’s Creek. It was a rural community with farms, large and small, but it also had industry (the Island’s first brewery was established here in the early 1800s), a real sense of community, and even some rumoured buried treasure!
Individuals are encouraged to bring along their memories, photos and stories to add to the knowledge of the community. All are welcome and light refreshments will be provided.
See attached photo.
Photo cutline: Andrew’s Mills, c.1920, John Andrew Collection. One of the many images depicting historical scenes of East Royalty that will be on display Saturday, July 23 from 10 am until 1 pm at the Malcolm Darrach Centre.
City of Charlottetown