IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR RESIDENTS AND BUSINESSES
The PEI 2014 New Year’s Eve Opening Celebrations will take place on Tuesday, December 31, 2013 along the length of Great George Street and in front of Province House beginning at 6:30 p.m. Indoor Children's activities at Murphy’s Community Centre begin at 5:30 p.m.
- Richmond Street from Queen Street to Church Street: Closed from 9:00 a.m. on December 31 to 12 noon on January 1, 2014
- The following streets will be CLOSED from Queen Street to Prince Street from 6:15 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. on December 31st :
• Sydney Street
• Dorchester Street
• King Street
• Water Street
Please be advised that traffic on these streets could be limited as early as 12 noon on December 31st. Officials will be on site to direct traffic during set up.
- Great George Street: No Parking 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. December 31st
Please take note of the following :
- Shuttle bus drop off and pick up in front of Murphy’s Community Centre starting at 5:00 p.m. and continuing until 9:30 p.m.
- Musical performances on main stage in front of Province House begin at 6:30 p.m. and continue until 9:00 p.m.
- Fireworks will be launched from Confederation Landing beginning at approximately 8:15 p.m.
Any changes due to inclement weather will be posted on www.pei2014.ca/nye and broadcasted on local radio.
For more information please visit: www.pei2014.ca/nye or call 1-877-734-2014