The City of Charlottetown wishes to advise the public of street closures and parking restrictions for the Royal Tour with Their Royal Highnesses Charles, Prince of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall.
The following sections of streets will be closed to vehicle traffic beginning Monday, May 19 at 5 a.m. until Tuesday, May 20 at 1 p.m.:
• Great George Street will be closed from Richmond Street to Sydney Street;
• Sydney Street will be closed from Great George Street to Queen Street;
• Richmond Street will be closed from Queen Street to Prince Street;
Additionally, the intersection of Cumberland Street and Kent Street will be closed temporarily on May 20 from 11:55 a.m. until 12:30 p.m.
Parking will be restricted as follows on Monday, May 19 from 5 a.m. until Tuesday, May 20 at 1 p.m.:
• Great George Street will have parking restrictions from Richmond Street to Sydney Street;
• Richmond Street will have parking restrictions from Queen Street to Prince Street;
• Terry Fox Drive will have parking restrictions on the east side (behind the Provincial buildings).
On Tuesday, May 20, the following parking restrictions will be in place from 5 a.m. until 1 p.m.:
• Maypoint Road will have restricted parking near the Prince Edward Home;
• Kent Street will have parking restrictions from Cumberland to Edward Street;
• Grafton Street will have three parking spaces on the south side near the War Memorial restricted, along with the Grafton Street north side spaces east of Cumberland.
Vehicles parked on these streets between May 19 at 5 a.m. and Tuesday, May 20 at 1 p.m. may be subject to towing with the exception of residential parking. These streets will remain accessible to pedestrian traffic.
In advance of the street closures, temporary no parking areas and barricades will be set up. Drivers are asked to be aware of temporary signage as it may identify a no parking area and vehicles may be subject to towing.
City of Charlottetown