The Big Red Music Festival kicks off on June 28 followed by two more days of stellar Big Red performances at the Charlottetown Event Grounds, activities at the PEI 2014 Celebration Zone in Confederation Landing and the largest Canada Day celebrations ever held in the City of Charlottetown.
With these events, come necessary road closures and impacts on parking for safety and security reasons. The following is a list of temporary road closures and parking restrictions for Saturday, June 28 from 5 a.m. until Sunday, June 29 at 11:30 p.m. The same restrictions will be in place again on Tuesday, July 1 and July 12 from 5 a.m. until 11:30 p.m.
• No parking will be permitted on Kensington Road from Kent Street to Park Street;
• No parking will be permitted on Park Street;
• No parking will be permitted on Beach Street;
• No parking will be permitted on Kent Street from Edward Street to Kensington Road;
• No parking will be permitted on Edward Street between Grafton Street and Kent Street;
• No parking will be permitted along Water Street from Weymouth Street to Grafton Street;
• No parking will be permitted on Great George Street from Dorchester to the Peakes Wharf Historic Waterfront on Tuesday, July 1 from 5 a.m. until 11:30 p.m.
• Travel restrictions will be in place on Grafton Street from Edward Street to Water Street two hours prior to the main events on June 28-30, July 1 and July 12. This section of Grafton will be limited to event traffic only. The restriction may be adjusted or lifted depending on the crowd volume for the Big Red Music Festival and Canada Day Celebrations.
The public is encouraged to check the Charlottetown Police Services website for travel restriction adjustments that may be necessary during the Big Red Music Festival and Canada Day celebrations. A diagram of the parking impacts and travel restrictions is available at: http://www.charlottetownpolice.com/ by clicking on the icons for PEI 2014 and the Big Red Music Festival. This webpage include valuable information for downtown residents, event goers and anyone travelling in the area during these events.
Details on the Big Red Music Festival, including the schedule and lineup, are available at: http://bigredfest.ca/
Details on the Canada Day celebrations, including the full schedule, are available at: http://www.pei2014.ca/canadaday/
More information on the Celebration Zone at Confederation Landing is available at: http://www.pei2014.ca/celebrationzone/
Questions regarding parking and traffic restrictions can also be directed to Charlottetown Police Services at: 902-629-4172.
Deputy Chief – Operations
Charlottetown Police Services
City of Charlottetown